Saturday, December 01, 2007

Nudisiri

Went to Alva's Nudisiri at Moodabidre. The idea was to get good books at discounted rates. Good books are often unread. Generally, it has to be sold at a discount. The books that I bought are
1. Neethi Vakyamrutham By Acharya Somadeva
2. Bhavabhoothi By Dr G S Gai
3. Chandombudhi By Dr T V Venkatachala Shastri
4. Leela Thilakam By P Subraya Bhat
5. Samskritha Sahithya Pravesha-2 By A S Bheema Bhat
6. Vedanga Jyothisha By Dr S Balachandra Rao
The books which are on sale can easily drill a hole in your pockets. One good idea could be to go to such places with limited money which will force you to think twice before buying. In my case it is think twice and don't buy!
Related Stories Widget by LinkWithin

2 comments:

Unknown said...

could u please tell me about the book leela thilakam? related with what subject?

Madhu said...

Very good question.
"Leela Thilakam" is originally written in Malayalam, probably in the 14th century. It is about grammar. The book I bought was a kannada translation, published in 1974.
I am also thankful to you for the following reasons:
1. It forced me to search for the said book in my collections. In the process I rearranged all the books in the cupboard which badly needed some attention.
2. It prompted me to have a re reading of the book. "No book gives all its worth in the first reading."
3. It also awakened me to the fact that my blogs are being read!.
Thank you.