Saturday, October 10, 2009

Miraculous Revival (Chap 2)

The cherished trip with family to Kashi got aborted when we were about to start on Tuesday, 29th Sep 09. Phone from Air India informed that all flights got cancelled.
Luckily, my parents took the hindrance in their stride, as yet another addition to the innumerable setbacks they faced in life. They were philosophical, believing that the right time to visit is yet to come.
Bharathi was composed as canceling of my planned trips were not too uncommon for her.
Sri was relieved as she can prepare for her ensuing exams.
Vai derived consolation at the prospect of opening the gift box of “Kaju Katli” (Sweet made of Cashew) which I was planning to give to my colleague in Varanasi. She eagerly opened the box only to see that the sweet had started to deteriorate. Only later she became disappointed.
I was disappointed to visualize the hassles of obtaining refund of tickets, re depositing the LTC advance I drew, finding new set of suitable dates for travel, re applying for leave and advance, re planning the trip etc was certainly beyond a lazy man like me. (I must concede that I have improved in this regard. Earlier I was lazy, now lazier!)
I went to Air India ticketing office for refund. They cancelled my tickets but had no money to refund. I could not even shout at them as other irate passengers must have already done so. I offered to wait for a few days to get the money back.
News of the cancellation of our cherished trip was certainly faster than I could imagine. From the various reactions we received, we realized that:
Some were disappointed that we were not as disappointed as they imagined and
Some were happy and relieved to hear that we were absolutely composed.

I had a surprise in store in the late evening as the efficient Ms Mamatha, informed over phone that Air India plans to make alternate arrangements and desired to know whether I risk traveling the very next day. I readily said Yes, and asked Bharathi to get ready. Parents (who had gone back to the native place) were informed in the night and they were ready to join us next morning. Problem was my father had already deposited the cash he had, in the bank and there was no time to visit the Bank for drawal of cash. You mentioned ATM Card?. Yes, he was holding a card expired long back.
Thus, by god’s grace, the trip which was aborted in the morning had a rebirth in less than 12 hours.
I must quote from Bhagavad Gita, {Chap 6, Verse 40}

न हि कल्याणकृत्कश्चिद्दुर्गतिं तात गच्छति ।

(Good deeds will never letdown anyone!)
Related Stories Widget by LinkWithin

No comments: