Sunday, March 28, 2010

A tiny step towards realisation of a dream

Well, the प्रवचन (Discourses) of Sri Bhadragiri Achyutadas had a profound influence on me. The greatest tribute that I could give him was to aspire to become a Pravachanakara myself. This aspiration was in me for many years and and I was also reasonably prepared to give a discourse on few पुराण 's that I had read. Yet, I could not commence, as there was no one to listen to my discourse. 
नीचै: गच्चति उपरि च दशा चक्रनेमी क्रमेण [the spokes of wheel which has gone down will come up in due course of time] observed Kalidas in his classic मेघदूतं .
Now that I am leading practice of Yoga and Surya Namaskara near my house, I calculated that those who come there to practice, would be compelled to listen to my experiments on them with these discourses. Further, I tested the waters by also teaching them विष्णु सहस्रनाम and विकृति संवत्सरस्य पंचांग श्रवण . The response was not bad. 
After few days, I started with संक्षेप रामायण  spread on 3 days. As the shloka's and its meaning was with me, there was no difficulty in the proceedings. On the concluding day, I summoned enough courage to crack a joke trying to imitate Sri Achyutadasa. I was expecting a roaring laughter from my limited audience but instead saw their faces which were reaction less! 
Well, I have a long way to go......          
Related Stories Widget by LinkWithin

No comments: